Sunday, September 21, 2008

so what's been going on...

currently still going to community college 
and working at a grocery store.
plus coaching soccer with Jocelyn 
and soon playing lacrosse for college.

Also trying to get money for YWAM- Reef to Outback in Australia.
6 month journey. January- June 2009.
right now it seems impossible financially for me to go.
I need to trust the Lord will provide and I'll admit I'm not. 
much worry in my heart about the future.
If you have any advice or could pray for me that'd be awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Australia?! I'm totally jealous. I've always wanted to go there. And missions makes it even better.

I'll be praying God will provide. How much does it cost? Mom and I were able to raise almost 6k for our trip to Russia. Fund raising is an awesome opportunity to see God's amazing provision in a whole different way. I'll pray you get the funds you need to go!

Anonymous said...

Have no worries. Lay your worries in God's hands. He will provide you with the opportunity of your dreams. He has something incredible in mind for you so don't worry.

Sarah said...

I would say most of our funds came through sending out letters asking for money. My mom did some crafty things and sold them, but I'm not sure that would be very worthwhile for you considering you're in school and working. It would take valuable time plus you'd have to front money. I don't remember what the profit was, but overall, I think your time is more valuable right now. Oh, and that was also at graduation time for me, so all the money I got from family for graduation I put towards the trip. It wasn't as much as most people probably get (I didn't have a graduation or party, so the only money I got was from close family) but it definitely helped.

Just pray- if you're meant to go, God will provide what you need. Neat side story- we got 300 dollars (I believe the largest single donation) from a generous couple we never met. The lady reads my mom's blog and felt called to give.

Travel to past entries